Preparing for Dental Implants
- Posted on: Jan 15 2024
Dental implants are an artificial tooth root that is placed into the bones of the upper or lower jaw. These titanium implants are secure when placed and bond evern more strongly over time to the surrounding bone tissue. Dental Implants act as the anchor or replacement teeth.
When You Can Get Dental Implants?
Your dentist will examine your mouth to determine the type of dental implant surgery that will benefit you. The condition of your jawbone is the major determining factor in how a dentist will place the implants.
Dental implants may be a suitable option for you if:
- Your jawbone has reached full growth
- You have one or more missing teeth
- Your oral tissues are healthy
- You have enough bone to secure the implants
- You do not have any health conditions that could affect how your bone heals
- You are not able to or are unwilling to wear dentures
Like any dental procedure, dental implants have some risks. Sometimes the implants fail to bond to the bone and have to be replaced.
The steps to place a single dental implant include:
- Removing the damaged tooth
- Grafting your jawbone, if necessary
- Placing the dental implant
- Allowing the bone to heal
- Placing the abutment
- Placing the artificial tooth
It is important to note that the single tooth dental implant process can take several months to complete. However, our team at SmileTexas can provide you with more insight as to what to expect during your initial appointment.
Where to Find Dental Implants in Sugar Land, TX
SmileTexas provides an array of dental services, including dental implants, to patients throughout the Sugar Land area in Texas. Talk to one of our dentists to determine whether dental implants are the right choice for you. To arrange a consultation, please call 281-265-7645.
Posted in: Dental Implants