Why choose dental implants?
- Posted on: Apr 15 2020
A beautiful smile can last a lifetime, but when the unexpected occurs, patients may deal with lost teeth. Teeth may be lost or extracted due to trauma, bone loss, periodontal disease, or cavities. When it comes to replacing these teeth, many professionals will urge patients to consider the advantages of dental implants.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a restoration used by the team at Smile Texas to restore the smile after tooth loss and/or extraction. These restorations are essentially titanium posts that the dentist places during oral surgery into the bone of the jaw. The implant gets its strength and durability from the bone, ensuring the proper foundation for a denture, a bridge, or a dental crown. Dental implants are highly desirable because of their benefits. These restorations are:
- Strong – titanium metal is a strong and durable material that can provide ultimate support.
- Good for maintaining bone structure – it is common for tooth loss to cause bone loss, but dental implants help stimulate the growth of bone through osseointegration and keep patients from getting the sunken appearance common in many denture-wearers.
- Versatile – a dental implant can be used to replace a single tooth with a crown, several teeth with a dental bridge, or all teeth with the use of a denture.
- Biocompatible – when placing implants of any kind into the body, it is smart to use a material that is biocompatible with the body and will not cause further problems.
- Long-lasting – if patients take care in visiting their dentist regularly and caring for their oral health every day, they can enjoy their dental implants for many, many years!
- A wise investment – other restorations require routine replacement over the course of several years to ensure they function properly and look beautiful. With dental implants, patients only have one surgery and can maintain the look for life!
Call Smile Texas today to learn more about dental implants
Are dental implants right for you? Find out by scheduling a consultation visit with Drs. Rick Kline and Bret Davis of Sugar Land, TX. The office is located at 4665 Sweetwater Boulevard, Ste. 450 and can be reached by calling (281) 265-7645.
Posted in: Dental Implants