Do I have to replace missing teeth?
- Posted on: Jul 15 2022
Missing teeth are more than just a space left behind in the smile. Without our teeth, we may experience other problems if we fail to replace them in a timely manner. If you live in the Sugar Land, TX area and are interested in learning more about tooth replacement options, we welcome you to call Smile Texas and schedule an appointment with Drs. Rick Kline and Bret Davis. They can advise you on the importance of replacing missing teeth and educate you on the various options available in their office.
Four main reasons to replace missing teeth
The team at Smile Texas can educate you on the various reasons why replacing missing teeth is essential. Replacement of missing teeth is done:
- To restore your smile. If you have a missing tooth, you know how embarrassing it is to have a gap left behind in your smile. You may find yourself hiding your smile behind your hands when socializing with others or avoiding smiling when the camera comes out. Restoring your smile can be achieved by replacing missing teeth.
- To improve your chewing ability. Without enough teeth, it can be challenging to enjoy food. Chewing and speaking may become more difficult with fewer teeth. Replacing the missing teeth restores your chewing and speaking abilities and allows you to continue to eat your favorite foods!
- To maintain natural bone. When a missing tooth is replaced with a dental implant, it has an added benefit: the ability to prevent bone loss. Dental implants stimulate bone growth through osseointegration when placed. This can eliminate the appearance of a “sunken in” jaw or chin area that can contribute to an aged look.
- To keep remaining teeth from shifting out of place. Without one or more teeth in place, the remaining teeth tend to shift around the dental arch. This results in the formation of several gaps between teeth, as well as crooked or imperfect alignment.
What methods of tooth replacement are available?
Patients who visit Smile Texas can ask Drs. Rick Kline and Bret Davis about the advantages of replacing missing teeth and learn about their options. Our team is proud to provide:
- Partial dentures
- Full dentures
- Dental bridges
- Dental implants
- Implant-retained dentures
Call 281-265-7645 to request an appointment at Smile Texas today!
Posted in: Dental Services