Talk to us About Porcelain Veneers!
- Posted on: Jul 14 2017
You think you’re ready. You’ve decided that this is the year to take an important step toward improving your smile. You’ve had enough of the stains, chips, and gaps. This is a big step, beyond teeth whitening, and nothing like having dental braces. And it can change the appearance of your teeth – to the kind of smile you’ve always wanted.
When you come in for your consultation, we will discuss in detail your hopes and expectations for your smile, and explain the procedure, including its corrective limitations. We’ll examine your teeth to make sure that porcelain veneers are appropriate for you. And we’ll also look for any oral health issues that must be treated before you begin the veneer process, including:
- Tooth decay
- Tooth whitening needs for the rest of your teeth (which should be done before choosing the color for your veneers for matching purposes)
- Gum diseases, such as gingivitis or receding gums (which could seriously affect the aesthetic results)
Know your options
We will explain the advantages and disadvantages of porcelain veneers, and we will discuss alternative treatments that might provide a more appropriate treatment for your issues, such as bonding, enamel shaping, crowns, bleaching and various types of braces.
Veneers do not need additional maintenance
You will be able to brush and floss every day, as usual. But there are some precautions you should take to maximize the longevity of your veneers:
- Don’t bite your nails
- Don’t chew on pencils or other hard objects
- Don’t put unnecessary pressure on your teeth, because the veneers can chip or come off.
- Don’t grind you teeth
- Wear a mouth guard if you do grind (while sleeping or lifting weights)
Veneers are stain resistant
However, you should still avoid foods that can stain teeth, such red wine, coffee, and tea.
If you’re ready
We can analyze your teeth’s cosmetic needs, and create a dental treatment plan that can fit your needs and your budget. Call Smile Texas today at 281.265.7645 to schedule your complimentary consultation.
Posted in: Porcelain Veneers